How to measure for motorized roller shades
To be sure of the measurements, take a minimum of three dimensions of width and height.
Inside mounted roller shades are installed inside the window frame or casing. They provide a sleek, clean look which can showcase your window size and moldings. If you want your product inside mounted use this guide please:
- Start by measure the depth of your window frame to make sure the shade will fit. You will need a frame depth of at least 8 cm / 3.15 inches for a snug fitting.
- Measure the width of the window on three points as shown in picture 1. Choose the smallest measurement of the three and write it down, for example "width 100,5 cm / 39,57 inches
Measure the drop or height of the window on three points as shown in picture 2. Use the largest measurement of the three and write it down, for example 172 cm / 67,72 inches. If that would be your measurement you choose the 185 cm drop / height when ordering your motorized roller shade.
DEDUCT 0,5 cm / 0,2 inches from the exact measurement so that the shade will fit your window, operate as intended and that you are able to install it correctly. For example your exact width from step 2 was 100,5 cm you type in 100,5 cm - 0,5 cm = 100 cm when you place the order.
- Double check that your measurements follow the Width by Height/Drop format.
Outside mount motorized roller shades are mounted on the window molding, wall, or ceiling above your window. Outside mounted shades can make your windows appear wider and longer while also providing better light control and privacy options. You may be required to install an outside mount if your windows do not have sufficient mounting depth.
If you want outside mounted motorized roller shade follow this guide please:
Measure above the window first to make sure you have at least 6 cm / 2.4 inches of flat space on the molding or wall. The shade can be installed on the window molding if there is enough flat surface.
- Next, measure the width you want covered on three points. The fabric is 4 cm / 1.58 inches narrower than your total width measurement.
Measure the height / drop of the window from the top to where you want the bottom of your motorized shades to rest. For example if your height / drop is 212 cm / 83,5 inches you choose 225 cm / 88,56 inches when you place the order.
Do NOT take deductions from your measurements.
- Double check that your measurements follow the Width by Height / Drop format.
If you have any questions or need help with the measurements just get in touch with us.
>> Contact support